Tree Frog Farm is a facility that concentrates on building a relationship between you and your dog. Basic training, behavior, fear, aggression, confidence. Learn more ABOUT US.
Puppy and family dog classes
- PRIVATE LESSONS
Dog Agility, Tricks, Canine Good Citizen (etc. ) Classes
Dog agility private classes
Private "Park" Sessions
- Dog-wrangling for photo shoots. Liz has been working for www.FetchDog.com wrangling all their dog photo shoots for the web site and print material.
- Behavioral Evaluation for the Coastal Humane Society. Liz administers the SAFER Dog Behavior Evaluation Program to new dogs in the shelter. Then, if needed, can conduct a Behavioral Modification Program to help dogs adjust for adoption.
Private lessons with handler & dog
$25/15 min after first hour
Off-Campus travel fee applies, cost based on location.
Private lessons are great for people with variable work schedules, reactive dogs, full family involvement, perfecting handling techniques, behavior modification, etc. Private lessons are also a wonderful compliment to any training class (see the hybrid version, for instance).
Private lessons without handler (one on one)
$90/hr + mileage
$80/hr if two or more lessons/week
Some dogs need a little extra guidance from a handler that is familiar and comfortable working around distractions. One-on-one lessons mix-up work with play, to give the dog a break from intensive training. One-on-one training is meant to occur at least two times/week. The owner is briefed and shown the techniques his dog is learning weekly. Frequent dog participants have been: puppies whose families work during the day. Reactive dogs, who need to get exposed, safely, and frequently to triggers in order to counter condition and desensitize the dog to those triggers. Dogs in need of confidence building through training and games. Dogs, whose owners are older and unable to repeat training techniques frequently enough for the dog to learn the techniques. And finally, one-on-one dog agility to help keep the dog mentally stimulated throughout a busy work week.
$205 for 7 weeks
$185 for 7 weeks
Hybrid Version Class
7 week class + two one-hr. private lessons.
Family Dog: $365
Charm School for Dogs
$275 for 10 weeks
New students must have a private lessons ($75)
before Charm School.
4 week class: $100
The Next Step: Canine Good Citizen Preparation
6 week class: $140
For the following classes please see our Rate Page for more details. Check the calendar for class dates and times. Puppy Class, Family Dog and Charm School all start with a dog-free Orientation Class. You can not enter midstream unless prearranged with instructor.
To use calendar PLEASE CLICK on the class name to see start date, PLEASE CLICK on any Private Lesson to see if that spot is available. You must pre-register.
O ur Training Philosophy
- Dogs don't come knowing human language. We train the person to recognize the signs the dog is giving, and help the owner train the dog to respond appropriately to human signs and language.
- We use reward-based training. The dog offers a behavior, the behavior is recognized with an auditory marker, and this is followed with a reward. The more often the behavior is rewarded the more likely the behavior will occur.
- Once the behavior is solid, rewards will occur on a random basis.
What We Offer:
- Behavior counseling/modification for reactive dogs
- Fearful dogs conseling & evaluation
- Private lessons/at home/TFF
- Group training TTF
- Rescue dog consultations
- Agility training
- Dog wrangling for photo shoots
Tree Frog Farm is a place to have fun and challenge yourself and your dog. We strive to maximize learning while keeping the atmosphere relaxing. Tree Frog Farm puts the companion dog first.
Set in lovely North Yarmouth, ME, Tree Frog Farm conserves and protects the natural wildlife environment while encouraging wildlife habitat, breeding ground, and conservation. In fact it is not uncommon for Liz to bring her binoculars down to the agility field so class participants can take a moment to observe an American bittern frogging.
Owner & Lead Trainer
phone. 207 837 1613
Tree Frog Farm Dog Training
239 Mountfort Rd.
North Yarmouth, ME 04097